6

Hunting---> for a house

So after house hunting and going to look at a house, which we thought was eh okay but more we thought about it and price we thought it would be good for us and I told Chandler that we should go look at the house once more and we had been praying about it and so I had schduled another appointment to look at the house, even my parents were coming to view it with us, well an hr before we go to look at it...the agent called and asked if we had got approved yet and I said no because we had not got chance to do so and she told me the owners did not want us to see it until we were approved. I was upset about that I couldnt help but think if they really wanted that house sold I dont see why 5min look would hurt them if anything it would have helped them because we were serioulsy intereseted in the house and even my parents were comming to see it... and I know that house has been on market for along time too, and I did not like the way the agent handle things...they should told us alot sooner then at the last minute, and she was not helpful. Well after hearing that I was a bit discouraged...I was like this must be a sign this place is not for us...but then weekend approached and figured might as well not worry about any house stuff over 4th July weekend... well my mom had seen this house in paper and thought it was nice and I looked and found it online...it was 10k more then one was looking at but this house was 2years old and very nice...we really liked it and was going to look at it but also realized its in area that is eh not the best...then we also began looking at modular holmes and could have a nice thats new and way we want it for around same price range.. and so I talked to my dad and we are going to put house right beside theirs on the 10 acres thats besides my parents house.

- now to find a company we want to build it and to talk with the bank about a loan and also to find that career that works for me.

6 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Oh man... those homeowners are dumb for doing that. We had that happen to us too. When we knew we were moving to our new city we looked at places last November and put an offer on one. The owner pulled the listing so that fell through. There was another place similar to hers that we already saw once and wanted to see again. The owner only gave us 10 minutes to look at it and leave... When we got there our realtor said he forgot the key and the owner wouldn't let us look at it after that 10 minutes was up so we said "Screw it then!" and drove back home. We were so sad... but God had other plans for us!

The place we wanted to buy was tiny. It was only about 900sq feet and only had one bathroom, but we thought it was nice.It did have a small yard for our dogs which would have been nice too. Now we are getting a place built for us that is 1654sqft, 2 huge bedrooms, a den in a walk-out basement, 3 bathrooms and in the most beautiful area of Alberta!

So yeah, God does work in mysterious ways :o) I am happy that you guys decided to build a modular near your parents! Let me know how that goes!!!

Jen said...

Thanks Nicole, the one were looking at was 1000sq it only had one bathroom as well, it was small and nice but I wasnt ever sure on it and thats why I wanted to look agian but then all that happened it happened for a reason and now were going to have a home that has more room for good price and have yard ^_^

Di said...

How rude of those people. But God works in ways we don't get. It seems like what you've decided is great!!

Jessica Morris said...

wow! that's exciting to be building!!

when we were house hunting the beginning of this year (just to rent, not buy) I was amazed with how turn-off-ish some of the agents were!
Why would anyone rent from an agent(cy) that treats you so badly?

Our land lord now is amazing. Forgetful. But nice :)

Jen said...

Yea I don't get why they want to be that way, its way most of them make money to support their selfs... I know some people do it on the side or part time but still :/

Back to Top